Scotts Valley Fire District Volunteer/ Paid Call Firefighter Program
The Scotts Valley Fire Protection District continually accepts applications for Volunteer/Paid Call Firefighter. The Volunteer/Paid Call Firefighter supplements the Fire Department’s regular career Firefighters on emergency incidents and in community service activities. Paid Call Firefighters must meet specific entrance requirements and participate in a selection/testing process. Open recruitment occurs annually in July followed with interviews in the early fall for qualified candidates. If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer/Paid Call Firefighter submit your information to the District by using the interest form below or stop by our headquarters.
- Citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for citizenship.
- Minimum age of 18.
- High school graduate or it’s tested equivalent.
- Must reside within a 15 minute “travel distance” to headquarters fire station.
- Must posses and maintain a valid Class C California Drivers License.
- Must be “Insurable” to drive and operate District vehicles as defined and determined by the District insurance carrier.
- Must pass a medical physical examination as outlined under the guidelines of the Santa Cruz County Fire Agencies Insurance Group to include 20/40 vision (uncorrected).
- Good physical condition and agility.
- Must pass a Background Investigation as determined by the Scotts Valley Fire District.
- Must possess a valid “Advanced First Aid” card or equivalent.
At the time of application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Advanced First Aid Card
- CPAT Card from the California Firefighters Joint Apprentice Committee www.cffjac.org and must be issued within the last year
- DMV Drivers License Report printed within the last 30 days (H6 ten year printout)
- High School Diploma or GED
Volunteer/Paid Call Firefighter (PCF) Interest Form
Interest forms can mailed to the District Headquarters, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our Headquarters to submit in person.